Infinite Series Practice Exams
Each exam page contains a full exam with detailed solutions. Most of these are actual exams from previous semesters used in college courses. You may use these as practice problems or as practice exams. Here are some suggestions on how to use these to help you prepare for your exams.
- Set aside a chunk of full, uninterrupted time, usually an hour to two, to work each exam.
- Go to a quiet place where you will not be interrupted that duplicates your exam situation as closely as possible.
- Use the same materials that you are allowed in your exam (unless the instructions with these exams are more strict).
- Use your calculator as little as possible except for graphing and checking your calculations.
- Work the entire exam before checking any solutions.
- After checking your work, rework any problems you missed and go to the 17calculus page discussing the material to perfect your skills.
- Work as many practice exams as you have time for. This will give you practice in important techniques, experience in different types of exam problems that you may see on your own exam and help you understand the material better by showing you what you need to study.
Exams can cover only so much material. Instructors will sometimes change exams from one semester to the next to adapt an exam to each class depending on how the class performs during the semester while they are learning the material. So just because you do well (or not) on these practice exams, does not necessarily mean you will do the same on your exam. Your instructor may ask completely different questions from these. That is why working lots of practice problems will prepare you better than working just one or two practice exams.
Calculus is not something that can be learned by reading. You have to work problems on your own and struggle through the material to really know calculus, do well on your exam and be able to use it in the future.
Okay, so here are a few videos we recommend that expand on the some of the above tips and also provide some insight on taking exams. This guy has lots of other videos about how to succeed in college, so we recommend his YouTube channel, Thomas Frank.
Actual Infinite Series Exams
Here are actual exams given by professors at the university level. Your instructor my test different material or require different work. So make sure you know and follow their instructions. That said, we have found these are pretty common types of questions found on exams. So they will definitely help you determine if you need to study these topics more before going into your exam.
Although usually covered in second semester calculus, many instructors give one specific exam dedicated solely to infinite series.
Infinite Series Exams
Really UNDERSTAND Calculus
Log in to rate this page and to see it's current rating.
Do you have a practice problem number but do not know on which page it is found? If so, enter the number below and click 'page' to go to the page on which it is found or click 'practice' to be taken to the practice problem.
I recently started a Patreon account to help defray the expenses associated with this site. To keep this site free, please consider supporting me.
|Support 17Calculus on Patreon|